The Tsunami and the Cherry Blossom, winner of the WIF/National Geographic All Roads Grant and the Sundance Short Filmmaking Jury Prize in 2012, has been nominated for an Oscar®. WIF congratulates Director/Producer Lucy Walker and the the rest of her creative team.
The film tells the story of survivors in the areas hardest hit by Japan’s recent tsunami find the courage to revive and rebuild as cherry blossom season begins. It’s a stunning visual poem about the ephemeral nature of life and the healing power of Japan’s most beloved flower. Featuring photography by Aaron Phillips and music by Moby.
- And teh Oscar goes to … (mizfoofytayl.wordpress.com)
- The Women In Film Foundation Announces 25th Anniversary of Film Finishing Fund (prweb.com)
- Spring has sprung! Cherry Blossom Wedding Inspiration (thepostcardbride.com)
- Ingenious geniuses (mizfoofytayl.wordpress.com)
- 3 Women in Film Directors Win 2012 Sundance Film Festival Awards (examiner.com)
- Mid-Week Calmer (mizfoofytayl.wordpress.com)
- Mi-Week Calmer (mizfoofytayl.wordpress.com)
- Happy Birthday Wif! (wifandhub.com)
- Cherry blossom and Japan! (mbconsulting.wordpress.com)
- Both Terror and Beauty Lie In Nature… (onchitas.wordpress.com)